Group Centergy will grow you longer and stronger with an invigorating 60-minute mind-body workout. It incorporates yoga and Pilates fundamentals with athletic training for balance, mobility, flexibility, and the core. Emotive music drives the experience as you breathe and sweat through this full-body fitness journey. REDEFINE YOUR SELF.
WHAT WILL I DO? Group Centergy has a consistent format that will enable you to get comfortable with movements and to see your health and well-being improve. The workout consists of 10 tracks, accompanied by emotive music, that have specific workout objectives.
1. Focus – Athletic, functional, full-body movements kick off the journey to get your mind and body warm.
2. Salutations – The sweat really starts here as traditional yoga postures are repeated, building strength and stamina.
3. Challenge – Standing yoga poses put the lower body on notice during this physical highpoint track. This is a full-body track that will leave you shaking.
4. Balance – The energy pulls back, allowing you to focus inward and concentrate on balance, but you are still working and burning calories.
5. Core BACK – Core training for the often-neglected back area will create muscle balance and improve posture.
6. Core FRONT – Uses inspiration from one of today’s most popular exercise trends, Pilates, to strengthen your abs and stabilize your pelvis.
7. Hips – Exercises promote both stability and mobility through the hips, which translates to a healthy and pain-free back and spine.
8. Spirals – Includes rotational movements to improve the mobility, flexibility, and stability of the spine, all requisites to feeling and staying young!
9. Folds – Lower back and hamstrings stretches are the antidote for a physically and mentally stressed body.
10. Restore – Also referred to as a mini vacation, you’ll be ready to take on all physical and mental challenges by the end of this track as you recover from the workout.
IS IT FOR ME?
Group Centergy is truly for everyone, removing barriers of age, gender, and fitness background. The nature of the program makes it easy for everyone to achieve success, master techniques over time, and return for more.
Group Centergy is perfect for:
• New exercisers because the program makes it easy to work at your own pace
• The “fit-it-in-where-you-can” exerciser, because Group Centergy is a timely way to increase strength, flexibility, and to relax – all in one hour
• The athlete, because it keeps your body in peak condition, helps fight injury, and facilitates quick recovery
• Men and women of all ages and fitness experiences that want to enjoy the mental benefits of a mind-body discipline
HOW OFTEN SHOULD I DO IT?
Group Centergy can be done as often as you like. How you feel is the best gauge of your body’s recovery needs between workouts. It is important that you gradually build a regular class schedule, being careful not to push too far, too fast. During your first four weeks, we recommend you do no more than three Group Centergy classes per week.
HELPFUL HINTS? Remember that it is only your first time once. After attending Group Centergy three times, you will become much more comfortable with the flow of the class and the movements and poses involved.
These tips will ensure your success in your first few classes: • Wear comfortable workout clothing that moves well with your body.
• Bring a towel, a water bottle, and a yoga mat. Even if the club provides mats, they are a worthwhile purchase once you are hooked on the class.
• Arrive 15 minutes before class and introduce yourself to the instructor. The instructor will answer any questions you may have to help put you at ease.
• Stand close to the center of the room so you can see the instructor clearly. It is not necessary to be at the front and having a couple of other participants in front of you can help provide visual information about the movements.
• Try to ignore the mirrors in the room, as they can be distracting. Just have fun and remember that the instructor is the best source of visual technique information.
• Your instructor will coach you, including movement and pose options, to ensure your success.
• Speak with the instructor at the end of class to ask questions and to check in about your experience.
HOW WILL I FEEL?
Typically adults do not like to be “new” at anything, and they have high expectations of their first performance. It is important to understand that Group Centergy is a journey, not a destination. The goal at first should be to start the journey to improved physical and emotional well-being. During class, you will feel more aware of your body than ever because of the newness of the experience and the nature of the workout. Some of the movements and postures may feel quite different than your everyday movements and even awkward as a result. The class might also seem like it is moving a little faster than you would like because the terminology is somewhat unfamiliar. With each class, you will become more comfortable and feel more successful. Talk to the instructor after class to let them know how you felt and if anything felt particularly challenging for you. The instructor will answer your questions and address your concerns to help you achieve greater success in your next class. Keep in mind that you may be sore afterward because your body is adjusting to the new demands on your muscles. This is perfectly normal. Above all, don’t forget to have fun as you start your Group Centergy journey.
If you’re ready to try out Centergy, don’t forget that your first class is always FREE at Elevate Fitness in Dewitt and Liverpool. Check out our class schedules here, and download this Getting Started Guide here.