Gold’s Gym Syracuse became Elevate Fitness effective September 1, 2017. While we have had a successful run as Gold’s Gym franchise for over 20 years, becoming an independent club will allow us to best serve members at our Liverpool and DeWitt locations. We appreciate those of you who’ve been with us all along, and we realize you may have some questions, so we’d like to take this opportunity to answer some of the most common.
- Both our Liverpool and DeWitt locations will become independent clubs, but will remain under the same management. This decision brings us back to our roots of being a locally-owned business, when we opened in the 1980s as Sundown Health and Racquet Club.
- This change will not only help our clubs grow, but allow us to invest our time and money to create new and better experiences for our members. Being independent means we have more flexibility and control over what we do as a gym to best serve the needs of our members and build a stronger community.
- There won’t be any cuts in service, resources, programming or staff, and there won’t be an increase in pricing.
Elevate Fitness continues to be the only full-featured, multi-amenity fitness club in Syracuse. You’ll start noticing positive changes right away.
- We’re adding more classes. The member experience is our top priority. We already offer more classes per month than any other gym in the area—and we think members will be excited about the new aquatics and yoga programming rolling out this fall.
- We’re brightening up both locations with fresh paint. Please excuse the temporary inconvenience—we’re striving to finish painting as soon as possible.
- In Liverpool, we’re putting in a new athletic-based training area complete with turf, kettle bells, ropes and more. The Liverpool location will also add 15 new treadmills with personal TVs. The yoga studio has also been refurbished and a new yoga schedule will be announced in the fall.
- We’re giving our pool a makeover to accommodate new water fitness classes. We recently invested over $120,000 in new equipment at our DeWitt location.
We live in a technology-driven world, so we built new digital and mobile functionalities and apps to make Elevate Fitness a more personalized, interactive, results-driven experience for members.
- We have a new mobile-friendly website so members can manage their fitness experience at their convenience. The online member portal enables members to sign up for classes, purchase personal training sessions and class passes, and view their fitness progress at their convenience and discretion.
- We’re creating a free mobile app (for iPhone and Android) so members can monitor their fitness goals in real time. This includes tracking calories/weight loss and a heart rate monitor that can be used during classes and workouts.
- We’re installing Fit3D, a wellness assessment 3D body scanner. The 3D body scanner will measure body fat and full body analyses to show muscle mass, posture and track progress—emailed instantly to each member.
- We’re rolling out a new rewards program for members to earn points for regular to promote a healthy lifestyle. The reward system will track visits automatically and points can be used for retail, food/drinks, memberships, personal training or fitness classes.
There will be no changes to memberships, fees, or the services members currently receive.
- There will be no change in ownership. Tom Muller began working at the club in 1988 and took ownership in 2005. He is just as passionate and optimistic today as he was 12 years ago.
Club hours of operation will remain the same, as well as the pricing for our services. This includes membership costs, personal training, fitness classes, retail and food/drinks for purchase.
- These changes will occur at both locations and will cause minimal to no disruption to staff or members. Both facilities will be brightened with fresh paint, along with new Elevate Fitness signage and branding.
If you have other questions that we haven’t answered here, please call the club, or stop in and speak to one of our team members today! We’re excited to make the move from Gold’s Gym Syracuse and we hope you are too! And make sure to follow us on Facebook here!
Not a member yet? Try Elevate Fitness for FREE!