Group fitness classes can get you real results, real fast. And Group CORE is one of the classes our members and guests are raving about. Here’s what it’s about, what to expect and how to get started.
WHAT IS IT?
Group Core trains you like an athlete in 30 action-packed minutes. A strong core, from your shoulders to your hips, will improve your athletic performance, help prevent back pain, and give you ripped abs! Expert coaching and motivating music will guide you through functional and integrated exercises using your body weight, weight plates, a towel, and a platform – all to challenge you like never before. HARD CORE!
WHAT WILL I DO?
Your workout session will consist of 5 tracks that have very specific training objectives. Each track is supported with great music to push you through a variety of exercises:
1. CorePREP – Quickly warms you up and gets you ready to tackle the workout.
2. CoreMAX – Uses maximum muscle and effort to train your core using functional, athletic movements in a circuit training approach.
3. CoreINTEGRATION – Uses a circuit training approach that includes total-body exercises focusing on the back and glutes.
4. CoreSTABILITY – Hones in on the muscles that keep the spine stable – control is the name of the game.
5. CoreMOBILITY – Brings it home with traditional abdominal training – your abs will be burning!
IS IT FOR ME?
Group Core will be ideal for:
• Those seeking an athletic training session
• Anyone wanting great-looking abs
• Those needing to be faster, quicker, and stronger
• Individuals who are short on time and need a challenging, quick workout
• Athletes, former athletes, and “wannabe” athletes
• Those into the latest and hottest training methods
HOW OFTEN SHOULD I DO IT?
To get great results, participate in Group Core one to three times per week, with a rest day between classes. Group Core will fatigue your core muscles, so any type of strength or resistance training should not be done afterward. If you are up for the challenge, you can always add Group Core before or after a cardio workout.
Just remember that it is only your first time once! After attending Group Core three times, you will feel like a pro. These tips will ensure your success and enjoyment:
• Wear comfortable workout clothes and athletic shoes.
• Bring a water bottle and a light towel at least 30 inches long.
• Arrive 15 minutes before class and introduce yourself to the instructor. The instructor will brief you on what you need and help you get set up for class – they’ll put you at ease.
• Stand close to the center of the room so that you can see the instructor clearly and have a couple of people in front of you, as they can help provide you with visual information.
• Your instructor will coach you and include many options for the exercises to ensure your success.
• Catch up with the instructor at the end of class to ask questions and check in about your experience.
HOW WILL I FEEL?
Group Core includes the latest athletic and functional training exercises. Some of the movements will be new to you. As you attend Group Core more often, you’ll learn how to execute the movements better and better. Allow yourself to be a student; learn the movements and how to effectively move through space. This is an important part of functional training. During your first few classes, you may not execute some of the movements properly – this is normal, you are in learning mode. You might experience fatigue in muscles outside of the core muscles, like the shoulders and the hips – this is normal, your support muscles have to get stronger to be able to train your core well. You might experience lower back fatigue – this is normal, your lower back is a group of muscles that should be trained just like the muscles on the front side of the core. You might feel rushed – this is normal, 30 minutes goes fast and Group Core is action packed with a ton of exercises. 30 minutes will go by in the blink of an eye. You will get a great total-body workout, and your abs will really feel it!
Check out the class in action:
Download the Getting Started (Group Core) Guide here! And don’t forget, your first class is always FREE at Elevate Fitness!