Biking is a great way to burn calories. More and more people are embracing indoor biking today as a way of boosting their health and fitness. In this guide, we look at the benefits and some of the options available to you:
- Air Bikes
If you are searching for a great bike to help you condition your body, an air bike is certainly the best choice. There is something for everyone when you are looking for an air bike, including beginner’s bikes and elite athlete air bikes. What makes these bikes different from the other types of indoor bikes available is that they have moving arm bars, meaning your entire body will get a good workout. Aside from this, these bikes come with a fan air resistance system, which will adapt to your efforts.
- Spin Bikes
If you are searching for a good bike that will help you to burn heaps of calories, a spin bike is a full choice. These bikes will give you full control of exertion and resistance. They are perfect when it comes to high-intensity indoor exercise. This type of equipment will help you recreate the type of effort that is needed if you ran the bike outdoors.
- Upright Bikes
Another type of bike that you may want to consider is an upright bike. There are so many options to choose from on the market today when going down this route. These bikes are ideal for people suffering from pain in their lower back, as they offer a low-impact workout. These bikes will keep your spine erect and your abdomen tight, which is ideal with regards to providing an effective abdominal muscle workout, as well as also building muscles and flexibility in your thigh and hamstring.
- Recumbent Bikes
The last kind of bike that we would recommend is the recumbent bike. These bikes are basically the opposite of an upright bike. They are designed to give you a much more comfortable riding experience. The pedals on these bikes are pretty level with the seat, giving you a back to rest against. Aside from this, these bikes will not focus on the core overly. Rather, you will be concentrating on the legs. However, do not let the comfort fool you with this bike. Often, you can have a harder workout because you will be pedaling against gravity and the machine’s tensions.
What are the health benefits associated with indoor fitness bikes?
As touched upon, there are many different health benefits you can expect to reap the rewards of with a fitness bike. We will touch upon these in further detail below…
- They are great for toning – Stationary bikes can work wonders in terms of toning your lower body. This form of exercise will act on your calves, quads, hamstrings, and glutes.
- It is a low-impact form of cardio – Using a fitness bike offers low-impact cardio when compared with the likes of running and Zumba. It is a lot easier on your heart and joints.
- They increase endurance – Stamina or endurance takes practice and time. However, adding a stationary bike to your workout regime is a great way to boost it.
- Improve balance – You can also improve gait, coordination, and balance with a stationary bike.
- Lower stress – Any form of exercise is beneficial in terms of stress reduction because you will release ‘feel good’ hormones.
- Boost brain function – There are a number of different studies that have proven that stationary biking helps to improve attention, memory, and cognitive function.
- Improve joint mobility – Cycling can also assist with improving the range of motion in your joints. This is beneficial for your hip joints, ankles, and knees.
- Lower diabetes risk – Diabetes is linked to obesity. You can burn calories on a stationary bike to lose weight and reduce your diabetes risk.
- Enhance strength – Adjust the wheel’s resistance so you pedal harder and improve strength.
- Improve heart health – Stationary biking enables your heart muscles to work harder, improving heart health.
- Weight loss – Of course, another benefit associated with this form of exercise is that it is great for weight loss, enabling you to burn anything from 40 to 80 calories in just ten minutes! You can get more help with this online.
So there you have it: everything you need to know about using an indoor bike for your workouts, as well as the health benefits that you will gain if you decide to take this approach when it comes to health and fitness.