We're Back and Better Than Before!
Elevate Fitness is more than a gym, it’s more than a building, it’s more than classes and exercise equipment (although we know you’re missing your favorite pieces) – it’s a community. And we’re so excited to welcome our community back to the clubs this week. We’ve been hard at work making sure we’re ready to re-open safely and effectively. Here’s what you need to know!
We will be following all provided New York State government requirements for health club operations in this phase of our re-opening. We ask you to keep in mind that these requirements were created by NYS officials, and not the Elevate Fitness team. In order to legally and safely re-open our clubs, we must comply with these requirements and ask our members to also comply with all posted and communicated safety requirements.
We believe that the temporary inconveniences will be far outweighed by the benefits of resuming our fitness programs in order to build our immune systems, create better general physical and mental health and to reach our fitness and wellness goals!
At Elevate Fitness, we have been following this change closely and listening to guidance from our federal, state, and local governments regarding how this new recommendation will affect us here in the Syracuse area. As you’re probably aware, we last updated our masking policy to reflect that of the majority of business and public spaces locally: fully-vaccinated individuals are not required to wear masks, but may if they choose to and we’re asking all non-vaccinated individuals to continue wearing masks in the club at all times for their safety. We will continue to follow the honor system with regard to masking, as this has been successful and unproblematic for us so far.
This will continue to be our policy for the time being with the following requests:
- We ask that if you are fully vaccinated but are feeling under the weather, even if you are certain you have something other than Covid-19, that you wait to visit the gym after you’re feeling better.
- We ask that if you are fully vaccinated but have recently been feeling under the weather, even if you are certain you were ill with something other than Covid-19, that you wear a mask in the gym until the time passes that you are certain there is no risk of transmission of any viral illness in the club.
- We ask that if you’re in an area of the club near others wearing masks you assume they may be unvaccinated and allow for proper social distancing for their protection, this also applies to children in the pool areas for swim lessons and the tennis courts for tennis lessons.
You do not need to make reservations for your workouts with two exceptions. Those exceptions are if you’re taking a group fitness class and if you’re using the swimming pool. We’re asking that you continue to make reservations for those activities as there are still capacity limits for these areas of the club.
We’re allowed to have two swimmers per lane in the pool, and have recently increased the capacity for our group fitness classes to allow for maximum attendance while still being able to maintain adequate social distancing while exercising. Making reservations for these activities ensures everyone that shows up has a space to participate.
We’ve gone to great lengths to create a safe and clean environment. Our air system continues to provide some of the cleanest, most purified air you’ll find indoors, thanks to our state-of-the-art Reme Halo system (learn more about that here). Additionally, thanks to the generous square footage, ample equipment, and open layout of our clubs, it’s easy to socially distance ourselves while working out.
Everyone can help us keep the gym safe for everyone. Please continue to sanitize your equipment before and after each use, wash your hands frequently, and stay home and stream a workout from our app if you’re feeling under the weather. Together we can keep each other safe and healthy.
Information regarding Covid-19 and its variants is constantly evolving as we learn more. However, all current research and evidence suggests that health clubs are among the safest places you can visit with very little evidence of spread occurring in health clubs and fitness centers, especially among those that have prioritized air quality and sanitation, like Elevate Fitness.
“Findings from the University of Oregon’s Consulting Group (OCG) demonstrates that
health clubs do not pose the same risk as other venues like bars and restaurants. An analysis of Colorado data shows no statistically significant link between fitness club attendance and COVID-19 cases.” source
We believe this is due to a combination of factors:
- Fitness centers and gyms faced such uncertainty regarding reopening in 2020 that we went to great lengths to reopen and often exceeded the requirements (for example, the installation of the Reme Halo system) making our environments incredibly safe.
- Science shows that exercise helps strengthen the immune system and can actually strengthen the body’s natural defenses against threats like Covid-19, the common cold and other communicable illnesses.
Keeping Elevate Safe For You
Not only have we spent this time sanitizing and deep cleaning from floor to ceiling, but we’ve made a significant investment in our sanitation processes moving forward.
Each club has been equipped with multiple Reme Halo air purification devices to sanitize the air you breath in the club!
We’ve always used high-quality products for sanitization at Elevate Fitness. Our disinfectants are hospital-grade, guaranteed to kill 99.9% of bacteria and viruses including the coronavirus.
NYS requires masks at all times while in the club unless swimming or showering for all individuals who are not fully vaccinated. NYS does not allow bandanas, gaiters, or buffs. Masks only. Fully vaccinated individuals may choose whether or not to wear masks in the clubs.
You’ll see increased signage to remind and educate our community on the importance of social distancing.
We ask that when choosing equipment to use, you allow for proper social distance (six feet or greater) between you and other members and our staff when possible unless you know the vaccination status of those around you. This may mean patiently waiting for machines neighboring those you intend you use to be vacated before using them.
Memberships have been reinstated and most members who had requested freezes or other considerations for their memberships due to the pandemic have been serviced at this time.
Annual paid-in-full membership billing has resumed and invoices are being sent out monthly for those members.
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns about your membership please reach out directly to the member services team at your club using the contact information below:
There are additional changes you can expect when you return including, but not limited to:
- Over 20 additional touch-free hand-sanitizer have been installed throughout each club,
- Over 20 additional touch-free paper-towel dispensers have been installed in each club and we are using higher quality paper-towels for better cleaning.
- At this time we have made the decision to NOT reopen the Kids Clubs moving forward. For a detailed explanation of this decision, please see your club manager.
What Else Have We Been Up To?
- Repaired parking lots,
- Purchased and installed new air conditioning units for the clubs,
- Replaced flooring,