What is Pickleball?
A Lively Racket Game For All Ages and Abilities
Pickle-ball was created with one thing in mind: fun. It was designed to be easy to learn and play whether you’re five, eighty-five or somewhere in between.
Pickleball Play Pass
The cost of a Pickleball Play Pass is $55 a month for members and $75 a month for non-members.
The Pickleball Play Pass will give each player a opportunity to play open pickleball with players of their same ability at the following times:
To sign up please stop by the front desk to set up your Pickleball Play Pass with one of our team members. All players must provide a card on file because the fees will be drafted monthly.
What is Pickleball?
Pickleball is a sport played between two teams of two players. Each player uses a paddle and a ball similar to tennis. The object of the game is to hit the ball over the net and onto the court where the opposing team’s player must return the ball. There are four types of shots in pickleball: serve, groundstroke, lob, and overhead. A serve is when the player hits the ball over the net using only their paddle. A groundstroke is when the player hits a shot while standing on the baseline. An overhead is when the player hits above the net. A lob is when the player hits below the net.
Frequently Asked Questions About Pickleball
- What is pickleball?
- Pickleball is a paddle sport that combines elements of tennis, badminton, and table tennis. It is played on a court with a perforated ball and a paddle.
- How do you play pickleball?
- Pickleball is played with two or four players on a court that is divided by a net. The objective is to hit the ball over the net and land it within the opponent’s court without them being able to return it.
- What are the rules of pickleball?
- The rules of pickleball include serving the ball underhand, allowing only one serve attempt, and volleying the ball only after the first return shot. Points are scored when the opposing player fails to return the ball.
- Is pickleball a good workout?
- Yes, pickleball is a great workout that can improve cardiovascular fitness, strength, and agility. It is also a low-impact sport that is easy on the joints.
- What are the health benefits of playing pickleball?
- Pickleball can improve cardiovascular health, enhance muscular strength and endurance, increase flexibility and coordination, and reduce stress.
- How do I choose a pickleball paddle?
- When choosing a pickleball paddle, consider factors such as weight, grip size, and material. It is also important to consider your skill level and playing style.
- Can anyone play pickleball?
- Yes, pickleball can be played by people of all ages and skill levels. It is a sport that is easy to learn and can be played for fun or competitively.
- Is pickleball safe?
- Pickleball is a relatively safe sport, but like any physical activity, there is a risk of injury. It is important to wear proper footwear and use appropriate equipment to minimize the risk of injury.
- What is the difference between indoor and outdoor pickleball?
- The main difference between indoor and outdoor pickleball is the type of ball used. Outdoor balls are heavier, while indoor balls are lighter. Court surfaces and lighting can also differ between indoor and outdoor facilities.
- How can I improve my pickleball game?
- To improve your pickleball game, practice your shots and footwork regularly. Consider taking lessons or playing with more experienced players to learn new strategies and techniques.