Find a Spinning class that fits your schedule! We offer over 25 indoor cycling classes weekly for your convenience.
Try a Spinning class to experience the magic for yourself! First class is FREE!
Class passes are currently unavailable due to class capacity restrictions resulting from the COVID-19 crisis.
Experience state-of-the-art heart rate training in our Spin studios. Learn more about how it work here.
START YOUR SPINNING JOURNEY AT ELEVATE
The Spinning® program has something for everyone and we are confident that once you hop onto a bike and get your wheels turning you’ll never look back! Begin your Spinning® journey by finding a class that works with your schedule using the Schedules link at the top of the page.
Your First Spinning® Class
Plan to arrive at your first Spinning® class early to let your Certified Spinning Instructor know it’s your first time so you can get help with your bike setup. Bring a water bottle and towel, and wear clothes that will keep you comfortable during your ride:
Attire – We recommend moisture-wicking clothing and padded cycling tights or shorts.
Shoes – Cycling shoes that clip into the pedals are best, and many facilities provide them. You can also wear regular athletic shoes, as long as they have stiff soles.
Make sure you also bring plenty of water and a towel because you’ll be working hard.
Setting Up Your Bike
Knowing how to properly set up your Spinner® bike is important for a fun and efficient ride. Here are the three adjustments you need to make:
- Seat Height – Adjust the seat height so that when one foot is at the bottom of the pedal stroke there is a 25-35 degree bend in the knee.
- Seat Fore/Aft Position – Sit on the bike and hold your pedals in a position where they are level. Your forward kneecap should be directly over the ball of your foot and the pedal spindle. Just like with squats and lunges, you don’t want your knee extending past your toes.
- Handlebar Height – Position the handlebars at the height that feels comfortable. Experienced riders usually like handlebars to be the same height as the saddle. Newer riders usually find it more comfortable to bring the handlebars up higher.
Keeping It Safe
Because your safety is our top priority, here are a few key tips:
- Bike Setup – Always secure your handlebars, seat post and seat slider.
- Foot Placement – Place the ball of your foot over the center of the pedal and firmly secure your feet.
- Slowing Down – To decrease your pedaling speed or stop the pedals completely, turn the resistance knob to the right as you slow down your legs. You can also push down on the resistance knob to use the brake.
- Stay Hydrated – Drink plenty of water before, during and after class.
Most importantly, please let our instructors know if you have any questions, comments or concerns! We’re here to make sure you have the most amazing Spinning experience possible!
Frequently Asked Questions About Spinning
- What is a Spinning class?
- A Spinning class is an indoor cycling workout led by a certified instructor. It typically takes place on a stationary bike and involves varying intensities and resistance levels.
- What are the benefits of Spinning classes?
- The benefits of Spinning classes include improved cardiovascular health, increased endurance, improved lower body strength, and increased mental focus.
- How often should I take a Spinning class?
- The frequency of Spinning classes depends on individual fitness goals and schedule. It is recommended to take Spinning classes 2-3 times per week for optimal results.
- What equipment do I need for a Spinning class?
- To take a Spinning class, you will need a stationary bike, appropriate footwear, comfortable workout clothing, and a water bottle.
- Can Spinning help with weight loss?
- Spinning can aid in weight loss by burning calories and increasing overall physical activity. It can also improve cardiovascular health and endurance, which can lead to improved fitness and weight loss.
- What should I expect during a Spinning class?
- During a Spinning class, you can expect varying levels of intensity and resistance, as well as instructions from the instructor on proper form and technique. Some classes may also incorporate music and visual cues.
- Is Spinning safe for beginners?
- Spinning can be a safe and effective form of exercise for beginners with modifications made to accommodate fitness levels and physical limitations. It is recommended to consult with a healthcare provider before beginning any exercise program.
- What should I eat before a Spinning class?
- It is recommended to eat a light meal or snack that provides sustained energy before a Spinning class. Some good options include fruit, yogurt, or a protein bar.
- How do I find a Spinning class near me?
- You can find Spinning classes near you by searching online directories, contacting local fitness studios or gyms, or asking for recommendations from friends or family.
- Can Spinning help with stress relief?
- Spinning can be a helpful way to relieve stress and improve mental focus. It can provide a sense of accomplishment and release endorphins, which can improve mood and reduce stress.